Branding is still a relatively new concept in the health care industry. Back in the day, health care companies had no need for branding because consumers had far fewer choices when it came to providers. In that environment, providers could sit back and let consumers come to them.
Today, the medical field is oversaturated and fiercely competitive. In an environment where consumers visit websites, read online reviews, and compare options before making a purchasing decision, health care providers have to make a concentrated effort to appeal to, attract, and retain new patients.
In a consumer-centric world, effective and engaging health care branding helps companies get the edge on competitors and connect with patients in new ways. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is Branding?
Health care branding involves so much more than designing an eye-popping logo or creating a catchy slogan for marketing materials — although logos and slogans do help you stay memorable and drive awareness. Branding is a high-level, long-term marketing strategy that seeks to demonstrate your company’s value to your patients and the public at large.
In simple terms, your brand is your identity. It’s your company’s unique name, image and personality. Components of a successful, effective brand include personality, differentiators, brand promises, a primary mission or purpose, and a set of core values. Your brand is an incredibly valuable business asset that establishes how you serve your patients and the people within your own organization.
5 Reasons Why Your Brand Is Vital to Your Business
Your brand is the core of your health care business. Below are five reasons why you should invest in building a captivating and distinctive brand identity.
1. Branding is a differentiator. Your brand personality is what makes you unique. Make sure your overall branding strategy includes the factors that set your company apart from others and gives you an edge with the competition. A distinctive, memorable brand will remain top of mind for consumers searching for your products and services.
2. Branding helps you understand your core customers. In order to create a relatable and captivating brand, your company must take a patient-focused approach. Who are your patients? Where are they? What do they want from you? What is most important to them? What are their beliefs and morals? Exploring the answers to these questions will guide your brand strategy and help you resonate with your target audience.
3. Branding builds customer trust and loyalty. There are few relationships where trust is more important than between patients and health care providers. A good branding strategy builds trust by promoting transparency, acting with integrity, and delivering on the brand promises your company made. Once you’ve demonstrated your commitment to fulfilling brand promises, your patients will be all too happy to share their experiences and promote your products and services to friends, family and social media followers.
4. Branding unifies your internal team. A centralized brand drives consistency in your internal processes. It streamlines internal functions because everyone on your team — from the top executive to the bottom intern — is acting in accordance with your mission statement and core values. A brand identity doesn’t only determine how your employees deliver care and services to your patients. It also guides how your employees communicate, collaborate and interact with each other and upper management. When everyone is working toward common goals, the entire organization functions more efficiently and cohesively.
5. Branding helps you attract and keep top talent. A robust culture and memorable brand identity are appealing characteristics for skilled providers looking for a place to call home and make a name for themselves. Having a captivating mission statement and admirable core values will resonate with top professionals who believe the brand aligns with their career goals and personal attributes.
Need Help With Your Marketing and Branding? Call NewGen Marketing Today.
At NewGen Marketing, our executive team has spent decades driving marketing and sales initiatives for industry-leading health care brands. We offer broad-spectrum marketing services, including strategy and investment, analytics, paid media, social media, remarketing, content marketing and acquisition. We rely on performance marketing strategies to ensure you’re not wasting a single dollar that you’re putting into marketing spend.
Ready to hire a marketing agency who can drive more to your bottom line? Contact NewGen Marketing today for a free consultation.