- Increase lead generation from 1,000 – 5,000 qualified potential patients per month.
- More efficient cost per qualified potential patient while increasing conversion of a cash pay medical procedure not recognized by insurance ($7,500 – $12,500 per treatment).
- Increase the overall percentage of repeat patient treatments.
- Create new business operations processes to increase productivity per patient coordinator.
Evaluated the acquisition process from start to finish identifying key areas of opportunity:
- Utilization of Channels
- Reporting and KPI’s
- Creative/Brand Standards
- Utilization and integration
Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Patient Coordinators
- Optimization of Technology
Reporting and Tracking
● Full acquisition reporting was not implemented. Created reporting that provided visibility down to the keyword and/or network level creative
and daypart to identify what channel a new potential patient was inquiring from. This provided the transparency needed to understand what
marketing channels were working, which were driving results, and at what cost.
○ The Result – Daily, weekly and monthly reporting that allowed us to optimize all marketing channels for optimal return on marketing
investment with revenue growing 239%.
Paid digital – SEM/Paid Social
● Due to the regenerative medicine policies the client was banned from digital advertising from larger platforms. We implemented a strategy
that would abide by policy to be able to advertise. Potential patients are looking for a solution but don’t know what that is, so we created a
microsite that featured the conditions that the treatment treated and the key benefits of the treatment without the details of the procedure. In
doing so, our client was able to advertise in all search engines and social platforms while following the policies.
○ The Result – They were able to advertise in the large digital channels that have higher intent, growing qualified lead volume by 329%.
● Content creation and strategy for content was scattered across the team and the content that was being created was not being fully optimized
or used. We implemented a monthly content calendar that integrated website, blog, social, public relations, remarketing, and collateral
content with key stakeholders to ensure that content was not only relevant but was focused on keyword growth in areas that we had the
highest conversion as well as patient education and retention.
○ The Result – Over the 6th month period organic website traffic increased over 551%
● In reviewing media channels and the growth goals of the organization after implementing and optimizing paid digital strategies to capture the demand
that already was online we introduced direct response television (DRTV). We scaled TV up to be the largest lead driver for the organization (TV buys
were remnant national buys).
○ The Result – Grew overall qualified lead volume by introducing a new lead channel by 154% while driving a more efficient cost per qualified lead.
● Traditional long lead print played a role in monthly lead generation with aligning demographics of the patients that needed treatment. We were able to
optimize creative for a higher response and expand the depth of publications that were being utilized to grow overall lead generation of the channel.
○ The Result – Grew the traditional print channel qualified potential patient volume by 21%.
● A complete audit of all brand elements was completed in the review of the acquisition cycle. We were able to create brand standards and implement
them from the time the potential patient first saw an advertisement to the time the patient was at home after treatment to ensure seamless
communication and to elevate the brand.
○ The Result – Strong healthcare brand that had consistent compliant messaging (samples upon request).
● In reviewing the acquisition process no drip email and/or direct mail campaigns were set up in the CRM to nurture the potential patients to increase
conversion in the process or increase repeat treatments. We were able to set up 10+ different drip campaigns to educate the patient in the acquisition
○ The Result – This resulted in an 95.2% increase in conversion from qualified potential patient to treatment.
● Reviews of the facility and the physicians played a key role in the conversion of patients. The organization had no process to ask patients to
provide reviews resulting in 1 to 2 star reviews on multiple platforms. We implemented a drip email campaign that was triggered after our six month
follow up with the patient
○ The Result – Of the review sites that were identified a key sites that were tracked increased to 4 stars or higher out of 5.
Patient Relations team
● As the potential quality lead volume channels were implemented, we set a metric of 150 quality leads per patient coordinator. Their job was to
‘hold” the potential patient’s hand and walk them through the entire patient acquisition cycle while helping them make the best decision for their
○ The Result- Identified, interviewed and hired 30 patient coordinators in the six month period resulting in 42.8% more quality leads per patient
coordinator while decreasing human capital overhead.
● We utilized a 4 week onboarding process that consisted of classroom training, shadowing operations and current role, mock calls ( intro call,
building value, follow up expectations, key objections, and scheduling), and side by side training with coach/management.
○ The Result- Decreased onboarding time by 33.3% while creating a strong foundation so that marketing could increase their output more
rapidly without jeopardizing conversion.
Phone System lead management
● By using modern phone system technology, you can deliver the best patient experience while increasing business operations efficiency.
Solutions such as click to dial, automated dialers, intelligent call routing, and lead screen pop ups allow patient coordinators invest more
time with their potential patients
○ The Result- By elimination extra steps in the process of calling patients, we saw an increase of 178.7% in talk time per patient
CRM lead management
● Utilizing lead dispositioning with task automations, integrating esign applications, automatic email campaigns and reporting dashboards
patient coordinators managed larger pipelines without sacrificing patient satisfaction and conversion to treatment.
○ The Result- Conversion from quality lead to treatment of new potential patients rose 95.2% at the end of the 6 month period.